Saturday, June 25, 2011

Kombucha and Dinner Outdoors

I have to confess to a long standing fear of Kombucha.

I'm not really sure why I was afraid of it.  I guess it had to do with the probiotics that are in it. 

Well, about a year ago my friend Loren asked me if I wanted to try some Kombucha that he brought into the office.  It was a new flavor he discovered that he really liked - Apple.  I gave it a try and was so repulsed I wanted to spit it out - it tasted just like fizzy Apple Cider Vinegar.   Apple Cider Vinegar is okay, but I'm not really into drinking it and that one sip put me off Kombucha almost for good.

Well, now that I've been raw for three months, I decided it was time to give Kombucha another try.   Today I was at Whole Foods so decided to check out the Kombuchas.   I found this Mango flavored bottle that appealed to me:


I poured it in a glass over ice and I have to say .... OMG!!! I loved it.  This was really super tasty.  I loved the fizzy mango flavor.  I'll definitely have it again.  This is my new favorite raw drink.   If you haven't tried it, I definitely recommend you give it a try.

Since the weather was nice this afternoon, I decided to eat outside on my back deck.   We got a new bistro table and chairs for the deck but hadn't eaten out there yet so tonight was the night:


We had Mexican Salads.  That's why I call it.  It's a bit high in fat - it has both cashew "cheese" and guacamole.  In addition the salad also has romaine lettuce, raw corn, tomatoes and onions (if I have salsa available, I usually use that instead of the tomatoes and onions).  It's super tasty and very filling.

I also got to experimenting in the kitchen this afternoon.   I'll keep it a suprise for now, but if all goes well, I'll be posting pictures of my creation tomorrow night.  I'm also getting together with some friends tomorrow for a nice raw meal  - we're having Nori Wraps, Zucchini Pasta with Pesto, Onion Bread, Chocolate Mint Ice Cream and brownie bites.  I'll try to remember to take some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment